Page Feature image size issue

Hi,

I am trying to insert a feature image into http://www.fremontcommunityfoundation.org/1018-2/. I’ve tried several difference sizes of images, but they all seem to appear zoomed in like the “Feature image screenshot 1” attached, cutting off quite a bit of the image.

The image I’m using is show in “Feature Image Screenshot 2” also attached, it is 1033x345.

Please advise what I am doing wrong or what I can do to correct this to see the entire image…or at least more of it.

Also, is it possible to have the feature image scroll with the page like the jumbotron image does on the front page?

HI there

Well, sorry but there is no more physical space to display the image without a cut, these images here are for background fill, they will cover the visible area from left to right.
An alternative option, in this case, is to disable featured image for the header and set only the color, after this, you can insert your featured image in the post, above the text

Thanks for your reply. What size should the image be to fit best in this location?

It might be different for different screen resolutions but try 1472*289 or bigger than this or with the same proportions