Pages copy each other's content

Hi!

I currently have 3 pages on my WordPress website:

1. Front Page.
  2. Info
  3. FAQ

I added Info and FAQ as new pages using Template: Home page in order to get the same layout as my front page. Now, when I edit any page (doesn’t matter which one), the other pages will receive the same changes. Whether that be in content or lay-out wise. I just want a few seperate pages (2 more will be added presumably) with each the same design, but different content. Somehow I can’t figure out why the pages keep copying each other even though I only edit one.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please try clearing your browser cache then use this plugin to clear the WordPress cache:

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for your reply!

I always empty my cache before refreshing my website. Other than that the plugin has made no difference unfortunately, the issue is still occurring.

Good evening

Sounds very interesting, let’s debug it, if you already tried plugins then let’s check whether this is a theme problem or not, to do this activate one of default WordPress theme and check if you still have the same problem or not, if you are with the same problem then this means this is not theme specific problem and we need to check something else,
please also include link to the page

Alright, I switched to Twenty Nineteen and suddenly the content is gone. When I edit one page, the other pages change along with it again.

Unfortunately I can’t provide a link as I’m building my WordPress locally.

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

Your local host maybe the issue here.

Are you able to test on a live environment?

Best Regards,
Support

For now I’m afraid I’m not able to test on a live environment. I’ve set up my local host through bitnami and wampstack. I personally don’t understand how my local host could be an issue. Could you explain as to why you think it could be the issue?

Any other suggestions in order to try and fix it?

Thanks again.

Actually. I’ve installed Shapely on a public test server as well. Removed all pages but the front page, added a new one with template: home page. And the same issue occurs there too. So it’s not a local host issue.

Well, I finally found out the issue was with the template… Because I set template to Home Page, it copied it. Except I had to put other pages to Builder Template instead. That seemed to have fixed my issue…

Thank you for sharing solution, is there anything else for us? :slight_smile:

That is it for now, thanks!

Ok, I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions
Thanks!