Pagination in categories

Hi,
First of all thanks for making the theme. I appreciate how clean-cut it is!

I am having some trouble with it though, and that is in regard to the pagination on category pages. I can probably best explain this in an example. I have a category that has 7 different posts. On the first page the 5 most recent posts show as expected. However when I go to page 2, the last 2 posts are not shown. Instead it shows the 2 most recent posts again that also show up on the first page.
I noticed that the same behavior occurs on your demo page: https://colorlib.com/newspaper-x/category/editorial/

A second question unrelated to the (I assume) bug - I notice that you have more than 5 posts on the pages in the demo. How can I increase the amount? This isn’t a setting I’ve seen.

hi there

let me check it, i dont think this is a bug, please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box  

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I must say I would rather avoid giving access to my site if it can be avoided. Especially given the fact that it’s reproducible right in the demo, as I linked to in my first post. On the demo site, there are 11 posts with the category “editorial”. On page 1 there are 10 of those articles, which means there should be 1 more article on page 2. However on page 2 you don’t see an 11th unique post, instead you see the first 2 articles that you also have on page 1. This is the same issue I am having on my site.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

This is actually the design for the theme, it will display the most recent or featured posts at the top of the page.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,
Even if that’s the design for the theme, it still means it doesn’t show the 11th post in the category “editorial”. Which is the same problem I am having on my own site.

hi there

I’m asking for temporary access because I don’t have access to our demo :slight_smile:

Good morning,

Thanks for the response. I hope you don’t mind me saying, but I find it an odd way of working that you don’t have access to your own demo environment. Either way, I have gone ahead this weekend and found a different theme that suits my needs.

Thanks again for your time.

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support