Parallax Scrolling on Mobile or Loading Desktop Site on Mobile

Hello,

I was browsing through the blog internet and the colorlib forums, i see that typically mobile parallax scrolling isnt available by default sometimes due to scrolling issues. However, there are certain themes that do offer parallax scrolling on mobile browsers as well.

Is it possible to enable this feature in the Shapely theme on mobile/tablets?

I see that when the “Request Desktop Site” is chosen, the parallax scrolling does appear on mobile phones, so i wanted to know if it is possible to load the website on desktop mode by default on mobile phones?

Warm regards,
Mrigank.

Hey there

Mrigank thank you for the question and happy new year :slight_smile:
Parallax section is by default enabled for mobile devices, there is no other options to enable it or disable, you will get exactly what you see on our live demo, unfortunately, some devices do not render properly parallax sections, this depends on the device and device software :slight_smile:

Hello Noda,

Wish you a very happy new year. Hopefully this year you aren’t bugged too much with customer complaints. :slight_smile:

I did try to load the website on all sorts of devices both Android and iOS, but the parallax scroll effect doesn’t show up on them. However, requesting a desktop version of the site resolves the problem and the scrolling is as smooth as that on a desktop site.

I think it might have to do with the browser type being an issue? On a desktop no matter how small the browser window i make and load the page, the parallax scrolling effect does show up. On mobile site, there is no parallax scrolling, the images are static and scroll like fixed objects. If you want, i’ll drop a link to my site and you can load it on your mobile to see the issue i’m talking about.

If there is no workaround for that, is it possible to load the desktop version on mobile from backend rather than requesting visitors to view it in desktop mode?

Good evening

On my android device, it works normally :slight_smile:
“If there is no workaround for that, is it possible to load the desktop version on mobile from backend rather than requesting visitors to view it in desktop mode?” - Sorry but no, there is no such option