Parse Error - site down

Hi

please can you help me fix my meddling…

I was attempting to add a footer and added some code into the Function.php file but I must have done it wrong. Now I cannot access my website at all to even reverse the error as I can’t even get to the wordpress dashboard or login screen as the error ‘Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in /var/sites/b/betsyleaves.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/activello/functions.php on line 154’ comes up

I’m at a complete loss please help!

Thanks

Beth

Hi Beth,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

To resolve the issue please access your site using FTP or cPanel file manager and revert the changes you made in the theme files.

Best Regards,
Movin

Excuse me. I do not know how to speak English, I’m Brazilian and I need help. I’m starting to do site and I made one with colorlib and it’s with error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘:’ in /home/storage/b/4e/d0/abcisnovo/public_html/wp-content/themes/activello/footer.php on line 4848
Can you help me?
Sorry for the errors in the text.
thank you
site: http://www.abics.org.br

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Did you install the theme manually? That may have been the issue here.

If you’re unable to access the site, kindly log into the site via FTP and go to /home/storage/b/4e/d0/abcisnovo/public_html/wp-content/themes/ and remove the activello folder.

You should now be able to access the WordPress dashboard.

After this, I’m going to ask that you kindly go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Search for the Activello theme and install it from there.

After activating, please let me know if you’re still facing the same issue.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support