Password Protected Post Text

Hello

Can I please have the correct css to change the text that shows on a password protected post.

It currently says:

“This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:”

I would like to change it to:

“This material is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:”

Thank you,
Lucy

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Lucy this is WordPress territory and my suggestion is to search for an answer in WordPress related forums or in the internet
Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

I have done this and the code supplied will not work in my custom css area.

Can you tell me why this one won’t work:

<?php
add_filter( ‘the_password_form’, ‘custom_password_form’ );
function custom_password_form() {
global $post;
$label = ‘pwbox-’.( empty( $post->ID ) ? rand() : $post->ID );
$o = ‘<form class=“protected-post-form” action="’ . get_option(‘siteurl’) . ‘/wp-pass.php" method=“post”>
’ . __( “This material is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:” ) . ’
<label for="’ . $label . ‘">’ . ( “Password:” ) . ’ </label><input name=“post_password” id="’ . $label . ‘" type=“password” size=“20” /><input type=“submit” name=“Submit” value="’ . esc_attr( “Submit” ) . '" />
</form>
';
return $o;
}
?>

I also tried this and it won’t work:

function custom_password_form() {
global $post;
$o = ‘<form action="’ . esc_url( site_url( ‘wp-login.php?action=postpass’, ‘login_post’ ) ) . ‘" class=“post-password-form” method=“post”>’ . __( " This material is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:" ) . ’
<label for="’ . $label . ‘">’ . ( “Password:” ) . ’ </label><input name=“post_password” id="’ . $label . ‘" type=“password” size=“20” /><input type=“submit” name=“Submit” value="’ . esc_attr( “Submit” ) . '" />
</form>
';
return $o;
}
add_filter( ‘the_password_form’, ‘custom_password_form’ );

This is the code supplied on wordpress.org but it also shows with errors in custom css. Please can you help me make it suitable for Activello?

<?php
function my_password_form() {
global $post;
$o = ‘<form action="’ . esc_url( site_url( ‘wp-login.php?action=postpass’, ‘login_post’ ) ) . ‘" method=“post”>
’ . __( “This material is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:” ) . ’
<label for="’ . $label . ‘">’ . ( “Password:” ) . ’ </label><input name=“post_password” id="’ . $label . ‘" type=“password” size=“20” maxlength=“20” /><input type=“submit” name=“Submit” value="’ . esc_attr( “Submit” ) . '" />
</form>
';
return $o;
}
add_filter( ‘the_password_form’, ‘my_password_form’ );
?>

Hi there

First of all, these codes are not for custom CSS, copy/paste them into the function.php (Make sure you are using child theme)
Secondly, when you get the third-party code from outside of this support you have to ask the guidance of implementation to the code author :slight_smile:

When I first started using Activello, this kind of help was given on this forum.

I have found a few different types of css for this and tried them but no no avail. Could you look at these and perhaps suggest something?

.post-password-form p:first-child {
visibility: hidden;
}
.post-password-form p:first-child:before {
content: “This material is password protected.”;
visibility: visible;
}

Or this:

.post-password-required {
content: “This material is password protected.”
}

There must be a simple soultion?

Hi @Lucydm

Yes, i understand you, we can help you in many things but not in everything, especially when this is related to the WordPress or third-party code providers, you can check our support policy
I think I have one idea, but I cant guarantee if it will work, please provide one of the password protected pages, let me see it

Thank you.

www.theloveplace.co.uk/discover

I really appreciate it!

hey there

Please add this CSS in appearance - customize - additional CSS

form.protected-post-form p:first-child:before {
    content: "This material is password protected.";
    visibility: visible;
}

form.protected-post-form p:first-child {
    visibility: hidden;
}

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Thank you so much!

Hi, there

Nice to hear your problem is fixed:)
Now I will now close the topic and mark it as resolved.
Feel free to contact us again Thanks!