Php Changes to change logo size not working

Hello,

I am in the process of making changes to the CSS and functions.php file per the post here: https://colorlibsupport.com/t/bigger-logo/#post-92349 but when I make those changes to the functions.php file → it breaks and I have to backup the PHP file.

I had this working, and I believe my wordpress instance updated or the theme did, which made these changes.

I’ve updated the settings to no default update these, but cannot see how to correctly edit the php file without breaking the entire site.

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi,

I tried in my child theme, and all works without any issue. What exactly the error it shows after you add the function I mentioned in the other thread in to your child theme’s functions.php? can you give us more details about the issue?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Laranz,

I’ve made the change now and get the following error:
“Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘require’ (T_REQUIRE) in /home4/ssmith/public_html/wp-content/themes/illdy/functions.php on line 434”

Also attached is the PHP file i edited to make the change.

Please advise on what changes I should make to the file to update the current site.

Thanks in advance!
Dylan

.txt of the PHP file for functions attached.

I cannot update the txt file, screen shot is attached.

Hi,

Please share some where like pastebin or zip it and sent it, clearly the error is in the line, /home4/ssmith/public_html/wp-content/themes/illdy/functions.php on line 431.

add_action ( 'after_setup_theme', 'logo_size_change, 11 );

Make sure you add this ); in the end,

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Laranz

Paste bin is here functions.php - Pastebin.com

However it looks like i have that setup… Thanks!
Dylan

Hi,

Sorry for a late in response.

In line #431 you will see this line,

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'logo_size_change', 11

change that to,

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'logo_size_change', 11 );

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Thanks Laranz this was perfect!

Dylan

Hi,

Glad we helped. :slight_smile:

Let us know If you have any other questions. Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

If you’re happy with our service, don’t forget to rate us: [Illdy] Reviews | WordPress.org

Thanks,
laranz.