Pictures in slider instead of the featured images

Hi,

I would like to have just one or two pictures in slider on my homepage, but do not know how to do it. If I go to slider options I can only choose a picture from one of my categories.

I hope you understand my problem.
Any ideas how to do it?

Thank you very much and have a nice day

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

The pictures have to come from category.
What you can do is create two categories just so that you’re able to use them for you slider,
You can then either hide the text on the slider or disable clicking on the slider using CSS.
Here’s the tutorial on how to set up the slider.

Best Regards,
Support

Hey,

thank you for your quick response. I created the new category, but what code do I need to use in CSS to hide everything about the “post”? The other problem is that if I add the new post in that special category, it shows on the home page. Any ideas how to hide it and have it only in slider?

www.motivimi.cz

I ve got many other issues - there is a space for the logo but I do not have any. But maybe I will add this under new topic.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help!!

You can remove slider posts from posts listing by using the child theme solution shared in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/exclude-slider-category-on-home-page-and-post-page/#post-58105

Hi there,

figured it out! Just one more question about that. I just moved the post at the beginning of all posts, so it is not visible on homepage. Anyway I would like to hide excerpts, the name of the category and the title only for one particular category. Is that possible? Is there any code for that? The name of the category is “motivimi”.

Thank you
Best regards

Could you please tell me a bit more in detail where the content is displaying that you want to hide so that i can help you?

Please find the screenshot in attachment.

I wanted to have only one picture in slider. So I created extra category for this picture… But I would like to hide the name of the post (in this case “stránky v rekonstrukci…díky”), the name of the category (“motivimi”) and the sign “celý článek” which means “read more”. I just wanna have one picture in slider without any signs.

I hope you understand my problem.

Thank you so much

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

.flexslider .flex-caption {
    display: none;
}

Great! Thank you very much…

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: