pictures not displaying on Windows laptop

Hi, I’m not sure this is actually an issue with the Illdy theme, but I’ve tried everything else! Any help would be most welcome.

Our website that uses Illdy: http://ciprojectsltd.co.uk/ has photos on the Illdy front page as well as on pages sitting under it, using Wordpress.

For some reason, the woman who owns the site (but doesn’t manage it) can no longer see any of the images on any pages except the background images at the top of each page and the jumbotron. None of those images had changed and she could see them before and can still on her phone.

I’ve tried deleting and reattaching existing images, uploading new images and attaching them and nothing has worked. She now can’t see the logo either. She is getting a white “x” in a black box.

From searches I’ve done, this does seem to be some weird Windows error that Microsoft have never formally acknowledged or fixed. It seems to be something to do with a browser thinking the image should be secure, but because it’s not on an https URL, it won’t load. If she tries to access just the image, it comes up with a security alert.

She is using Windows 10 and has tried on different browsers with the same issue.

My hope is that if might be something to do with Illdy - or that someone has a suggestion - because no other website is giving her this error.

Our main concern is that this is what other people are seeing too, so the priority is to fix any underlying issues with the images rather than just fix it for her laptop.

Thank you for your help.

Becky

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

She needs to try clearing her browser cache. Here is a link that shows how to do so:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi, thank you but she has tried clearing the cache but it hasn’t made any difference.

Hey there

I just verified your question and checked your website in edge browser and internet explorer 11 version, every image is visible normally and i cant see anything problematic, can you tell me a version of your browser you have a problem with? also, can you share a screenshot?

Hi, I think she’s using IE11, but I’ll double check with her and get back to you. In the meantime, I’ve attached a screenshot she sent me of what she sees. Thanks for verifying, I can see all the images too, so I’d assumed it wasn’t an issue with the website or the images, but it’s nice to have that confirmed - but it’s very odd!

Hello there,

I have also checked the website on the IE browser and the images appear for me too.
Please advise her to ensure that she has installed any new updates for windows.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi, she is using:
chrome 63.0.3239.132
Edge 41.16299.15.0

Thank you!

Hello there,

The current version of Chrome is 64.0.3282.119 but Edge seems current.

Best Regards,
Support

I just wanted to update this post incase someone else is having the same issue because this is now fixed (thanks to some prompting from a contributor on the Microsoft forums).

It turns out her security software had just run out (I don’t know what she was using). She’s installed and run new security software, and within a few hours could see all the images again. So, problem solved.

I don’t know why the issue was only with this website - and probably never will! But this fixed the problem.

Hello there,

Thanks for telling us.
The solution is pretty obscure but it can still be helpful to another person.

Best Regards,
Support