Popular messages widget

Hi, thanks for the awesome theme.

I’m struggling to find a solution for the following though:
-when the Sparkling popular messages widget is activated (right sidebar), a grey square is present on my site near the title of the message, but I do not see an option to upload an image, or do something else about the grey square. Do you have a solution for that?
-Second question: The ‘normal’ widget ‘Most recent messages’ works OK, but the text itself is light grey, and when you hover over it, nothing happens. Other hover over and/or titles are that ‘Sparkling red’. No matter what I change, I cannot seem to adjust the colour of the text in that widget and cannot find an option to do so.

I hope you could help me with these problems. Thanks for using the Sparkling theme!
With regards,
–GoosebumpMoments

Hi @GoosebumpMoments,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

-when the Sparkling popular messages widget is activated (right sidebar), a grey square is present on my site near the title of the message, but I do not see an option to upload an image, or do something else about the grey square. Do you have a solution for that?

To display the image there in the widget, you have to set the featured image for the posts as described on the following page.

http://freewptp.com/tutorials/how-to-set-featured-image-or-post-thumbnail-in-wordpress/
-Second question: The ‘normal’ widget ‘Most recent messages’ works OK, but the text itself is light grey, and when you hover over it, nothing happens. Other hover over and/or titles are that ‘Sparkling red’. No matter what I change, I cannot seem to adjust the colour of the text in that widget and cannot find an option to do so.

I am not sure what you meant by “The ‘normal’ widget ‘Most recent messages’” so could you please share the page URL from your site where you are using this widget?

Kind Regards,
Movin