Portfolio Projects - Full Width

I have scoured the support forums and apologise if this topic has been covered but please could you tell me how I make the Project Items in the Portfolio appear on a full-width page.

This theme rocks and I love it… just wish I could make the whole of my site full-width without sidebars.

I have got the text centred with this css code

.single-jetpack-portfolio #primary {
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
	  float: none;
}

.single-jetpack-portfolio .tiled-gallery .gallery-row {
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;
}

But unfortunately it still doesn’t make the whole portfolio spread across the full-width of the page.

Is there a way to make the Portfolio page full-width like the blog posts? If not is there a way to make the blog posts the same width as the project posts?

Hi,

Sorry for a late in response. I see that the portfolio page and the single portfolio page all are full width now, did you figure it out?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi!

I’m having the same issue, I’d like to make my portfolio projects full width. How should I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Hey @carloscastillo,
Hope you’re doing well today

I’ll be able to provide you with some CSS that should work for this if you provide me with a link to your site so that I may test it there to ensure it works.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

My website is http://www.castillorender.com.

Thank you for your quick response!

Hi! It’s been a couple of months, I was hoping we could fix the issue.

Kind Regards,
Carlos

I had the same problem, I fixed it by making a custom single.php file that’s used for portfolio posts.

1. Make a new PHP file and put this code in it:
<?php
/**
 * The template for displaying all single posts.
 * @link    https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#single-post
 * @package Shapely
 */

get_header(); ?>

<!-- #primary -->
		</div>
<?php
get_footer();

Line 12 has the “full-width” class which makes it full width. You can also use “no-sidebar” instead of it which removes the sidebar, or any other template in your page-templates folder.

1. Save this file as single-jetpack-portfolio.php and upload it to your theme folder (in the same folder that your archive-jetpack-portfolio.php file is). Now your portfolio posts should be using this template instead of the one assigned in single.php.

EDIT: I tried to add the PHP file because the code wouldn’t display correctly but apparently we can’t do that.

Sorry for double posting, the code I posted won’t work since some of it got cut for some reason so here’s a screenshot, hopefully this works.

Basically I just copy/pasted everything from single.php into a new PHP file, deleted lines 30-34 and 11-17, then changed line 12 to

<div id="primary" class="col-md-8 mb-xs-24 no-sidebar"><?php