Portrait featured picture

Hello,

Thank you for this theme, so far it has been my favorite. I am new to wordpress and slowly figuring things out. One thing that I cannot get to work is having a custom size picture for my featured pictures. Sometimes I want portrait pictures and they look silly when I upload them. I have tried the thumbnail regenerator, but I don’t think that is what I need. I also tried the custom code for the slider and featured page size but still can’t get it to work. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Hi @nowornever,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the custom plugin solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/define-sizeformat-of-featured-image-on-home-page/

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks for you prompt response! I tried to install the plugin and it won’t allow me. I have been able to install plugins in the past. I get the following error:

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature.

Please try using attached plugin and if it also doesn’t work for you then unzip the plugin file and again zip it then use it.

Hi Movin,

I was able to install the plugin by ziping it again. Sorry, to be such a noob but now I can’t figure out how to use the plugin. Please help and thank you so much for your time and effort !

The installed plugin doesn’t have any settings. After installing it you can set featured images of any size to the posts.

However, my picture is still being shown in landscape mode even after uploading it again…

I deleted and reinstalled the plugin and it worked. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: