Post and Slider "Featrured" Image match

Hi - Love this theme and just started using it. I went through the documentation but I seem to be missing something. Maybe you can help me?

On my site I set the slider to work with the “news” category. I like this because it takes my last article and puts it in the slider with the image I provide.

The trouble is: I made the image 1920x550 so it takes up the big slider area.
But when you see the same image in the post, it gets cut off. I’ll attach an image.

I’d like it to be like your demo where it’s nice and big in the slider but then fits nicely in the post as well. How can I do this?

Thank you!

The site is at http://www.starwarz.com/tbone if you want to have a look. Thanks!

This questions have been answered several times so I hope you won’t mind if I will point to one of those discussions.

Thanks. I did see that but was hoping for a solution that was a little less invasive.
If you update the theme, these changes will be wiped out, yes?
Also trying to limit the plugins I’m adding.

But I will give this solution a go - thanks!
Maybe something for a future theme update?

Thank you!

This plugin should be used once and then you can disable it, so no harm done. Even when activated it won’t bloat your database or WordPress installation because it doesn’t do anything in the background.

It can be done via Child Theme to make it update safe as well.

1. Take blank child theme that you can download from a link below
  2. Create a new featured image size via Child Theme functions.php file by adding this line of code.

add_image_size( 'new-sparkling-featured', 750, 215, true );

1. Now copy/paste content.php and content-single.php from parent theme to Child Theme.
  2. Now replace this code inside Child Theme content.php and content-single.php files

<?php the_post_thumbnail( 'sparkling-featured', array( 'class' => 'single-featured' )); ?>

with newly created image size.

<?php the_post_thumbnail( 'new-sparkling-featured', array( 'class' => 'single-featured' )); ?>

Now activate child theme and you are ready to go. These changes are now update safe.

Hey thanks - I’ll give this a go!