Post Cover Photo Below Title for Sparkling theme?

Is there a way to do this? Cover photos currently sit above post titles and something about that has started to feel very wrong for my site, www.marketingartgallery.com

with that said - thank you for being responsive to my questions (and for designing a responsive theme?). You have been really helpful to me since i started on this journey.

Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

To move featured images below title you should open file called content.php and take this code that you can already see in that file

<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title_attribute(); ?>" >
 	<?php the_post_thumbnail( 'sparkling-featured', array( 'class' => 'single-featured' )); ?>
</a>

And move it right after

<h1 class="entry-title"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" rel="bookmark"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h1>

Now your featured images should appear below post title.

thanks! Now begins the work of reformatting all the header pictures i’ve used to date.

Could you also let me know how to add a space between the bottom of the feature image and the date information? they’re a little too close for my comfort.

No problem with that. Add this code to Appearance - Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS and tweak pixel value to get the results you were looking for.

.home .single-featured {
  margin-bottom: 30px;
}

thanks again

Could you also let me know how to move the cover photo below the title in the actual post?

Take this code from content-single.php:

<?php the_post_thumbnail( 'sparkling-featured', array( 'class' => 'single-featured' )); ?>

And move it below this line of code:

<h1 class="entry-title "><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

thank you, aigars

I started to use a child theme in preparation to update to the latest version of wordpress and i’ve noticed that when i open posts from the home page, the post title now appears below the header image.

is there a way to fix this?

this is what i have on the style.css page for the child theme:

@import url(’…/Sparkling/style.css’);

and this is what i have in the functions tab:

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’ );
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );

thanks for your help, aigars

i just switched back to the parent theme because my child theme did not work on mobile (and i have no idea why that is).

but i just realized that i have the same text below header picture with the parent sparkling theme. I’m not sure where I would need to go to move the title above the header image in posts

You need to move featured image just like you did the first time.

Your child theme is not working properly because you have mistake in your code as it should be exactly like this:

@import url("…/sparkling/style.css");

Also you don’t need this part of code because you already have Parent Theme style.css imported via Child Theme style.css

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’ );
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );

i deleted the redundant code and can no longer access my site.

sad times.

this is what i get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘}’ in /home/markjutk/public_html/wp-content/themes/sparkling-child-01/functions.php on line 16

if you try to go to marketingartgallery.com

you’ll get the same error. can’t go “back” to reverse what i erased. i don’t really know what to do :frowning:

nm - logged into cpanel and edited the mistake in the file.

seems like a weird way for an error to be thrown