Post double image problem

@aigars @movin, I have a problem!

All of a sudden today, all my posts started showing two images at the top. I realize that featured images typically display at the top by default, but for some reason for the past couple of years they haven’t been so I’ve been manually inserting post header images in, along with assigning a featured image. Now, with the two images showing, I’ll have to go back through 80 posts and manually delete one of the images - any idea how to avoid this??

I’ve deactivated potential problem plugins but that hasn’t helped.

Any advice you could give is appreciated.

Will

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Could you please add a link a blog post having this issue so that it can be inspected?

Best Regards,
Support

Sorry, here it is: thriveprimal.com

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

Well at the moment you have two options:

1. Remove all the featured images you’ve added manually, and work with the automatically added featured images

2. Hide the auto generated featured images by adding the code below to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.single-post .entry-header .wp-post-image {
    display: none!important;
}

With this CSS, you can go back to just adding the images manually.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

I used the code and it worked, thanks!

One final question! do you think that, by manually inserting the images at the top of post AND setting a feature image, I’m slowing down load time? My thought is that, because I’m pre-formatting the feature images to be smaller, their load time in the home page should make up for any addition loading required in-post with the manually inserted image. Sorry, that sentence could be a little confusing!

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

Possibly. The thing is, your featured images are necessary for displaying on the homepage so it’s a necessary evil. It’s probably something that would take up a lot of time, and the idea of doing it sucks a lot, however, I’d say try going through the posts and removing the manually added featured images so that you only load that image once for all your posts.

And now that I think about it, I think regardless of the CSS that hides it, those featured images are actually called on the page.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Ok, good to know, thanks for helping out!

Hello there,

I am glad the solution worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support