Post Title Styling

Hi sorry one more question.

How could I reduce the space above 2017 Greece | Day 1 so that it will line up with the “Follow Fio” column (please see the attached)?

Also, could I add a short turquoise line in between the post title “2017 Greece } Day 1” and the date line? (to match the rest of the styling of the site.

here is the site path:
http://fiosphere.co/2017-greece-day-1/

Thank you!!!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can use the following CSS code to reduce the padding of the post by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*Reduce post padding*/
#page .post-inner-content {
    padding: 0px 0;
}

/*Title bottom border*/
.entry-title {
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    border-bottom: turquoise;
    border-width: 0 0 2px 0;
    border-style: solid;
    padding: 1px;
}

Please notify me of the results.

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks!

The reduce post padding code works great. The code for the underline the title bottom is too long. I see that the code basically draws a box around the entry-title, so I can’t really make that line shorter. To keep things stylistically consistent, Is there a way to make it like the attached when users go to view individual blog post?

Or alternatively, we can just show the blog title and date, but have the short turquoise line be under the the entry-title.

Thanks very much for your help!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

As it stands, we would not be able to reduce the width of the bottom border because the border works with the width of the element and because the title uses the entry-title and does not have it’s own class that is the only element we can add the border to.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

Best Regards,
Support

No problem! The theme looks great as it stands right now. Just one follow up question on this, can I have what I posted in the prior attachment to show in the individual single-post view? so basically to show the category when people click to read the single-post (so that I can have the short blue line).

Hi,

You mean you want this category listing in the single post view too?

Category

In that case, use the child theme to make this edit, if you have a child theme you can continue the edit or create a child theme using this technique, Child Themes « WordPress Codex

Then create a new file named content-single.php in the child theme and paste this content, http://ovo.li/CpVTOG It will do the trick.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.