Preview for tablet layout does not match actual tablet layout

Good morning. I have set up the Shapely theme with some modifications to the CSS (such as making box-shadow:none for my image in the shapely_home_parallax widget) and the site is slowly evolving to what I want it to look like. However, when I switch from computer monitor view to tablet view in the customizer, my css modifications do not seem to be taken into account (the box-shadow reappears when I switch to tablet). The background image is still there, but my css modifications are not taken into account.

Additionally, in the customizer, other than the css modifications not being taken into account, it appears as though my site looks fairly similar on a tablet compared to a computer screen, with a background image in the top home_parallax section. However, when I open my site on an iPad, the background image does not show.

How can I:

1. make sure the css modifications are applied across all platforms?
  2. have the background image showing when on a tablet?

Thank you for your assistance. My site is http://illuminateip.com

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Just to confirm the issue that you’re having:

The issue is with the customizer only and not on tablets? I’m currently on your site viewing in tablet mode and I’m not seeing any shadows. Also, note that:

1. You may need to clear your cache (Serverside/WordPress/Browser) after making certain changes just to be on the safe side

2. The customizer isn’t entirely accurate with CSS.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support