Problem of image and slider

Hello,

First thanks for this awesome theme, i seached in the forum for those 2 problem but didn’t found the solution.

1st problem concerns the image in a post…
When i put an image with featured image function, on the index page it appears twice (in the post and above in feature)

So i tryed to put the image in the post directly but in this case image appears in the page of the article but no on index page.

I only want to behave like https://colorlib.com/sparkling/ with images apears one time in index and one time in article.

My second problem concerns the slider.

When i active the slider and creat post in slider category, those post appears in my articles and i don’t want that, i only want the post appearing in the slider. I tryed a custom function the owner did but in thise case the posts appears in last post…
I only want the slider working with images but nothing in the posts.

Could you help me please.

regards

Hi @vincelibex,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1st problem concerns the image in a post.. When i put an image with featured image function, on the index page it appears twice (in the post and above in feature)

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

When i active the slider and creat post in slider category, those post appears in my articles and i don’t want that, i only want the post appearing in the slider. I tryed a custom function the owner did but in thise case the posts appears in last post… I only want the slider working with images but nothing in the posts.

You can try achieving this by using the custom plugin solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/suppress-slider-on-posts-page/#post-24989

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin,

I can’t share url in public because it’s an adult page…Can i show you it in private ?

And for the second problem i tryed this custom plugin, it was hiding the 2 post in index page but still showing them in sidebar.

Hello again,

I fixed the problem of image in excerpt on index page adding
<?php the_post_thumbnail( ‘sparkling-featured’, array( ‘class’ => ‘single-featured’ )); ?>

Now have still this problem with the slider to fix.
The thing is when we create 2 post for the slider and put them in categories, even with your custom script, it create the 2 post and put them in the menus and in other places.

I would like those 2 post appearing only in the slider but no in other place

Could you help me to fix it please.

I would like those 2 post appearing only in the slider but no in other place

To achieve this you can use pages images instead of posts images for the slider by using the child theme solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/slider-for-pages/

hi,

I add the pages but then what i have to do to include them in the slider ?

I have now those 2 pages in menus, i don’t want them in the menu but working in the slider at the top.

I uploaded the child theme and added the custom fields like you did on the image but it doens’t working.

I have now those 2 pages in menus, i don’t want them in the menu but working in the slider at the top.

Just remove it from your primary menu as shown in the attached screenshot.

I uploaded the child theme and added the custom fields like you did on the image but it doens’t working.

Could you please share the screenshots of the settings you have configured and also share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?