Problem with featured image size

Hi there!
I have a problem with the size of the featured image in the homepage.
I want to keep the original formar, but it automatically crops the image.

I followed the instructions described in this post https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-can-i-stop-resizing-featured-images/#post-29444
but it doesn’t work for me.

Here is the link to my site: http://www.historiasenverde.com/

Thank you for your help
Karina

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

That plugin was created specifically for that theme.
You can try the one attached and let me know if it works for you.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi, Thank you for your answer.
I tried in different ways, but still doesn’t work. The size is fixed in 710x335 and doesn’t change.

I have some adicional css, could that be the problem?
Thank you!

h1 {
font-size: 20px;
}
.flex-caption {
display: none;
}
@media (min-width: 992px) {
.main-content-inner.col-sm-12.col-md-8 {
width: 65%;
margin-right: 55px;
}
}
div#secondary{
width: 29%;
font-size: 14px;
}
#logo {
margin-top: -50px;
}
.entry-meta .posted-on {
}
.entry-meta {
font-size: 0;
}

.entry-meta .posted-on {
}

.entry-meta .author {
}

I visited your shared site and it seems you are using Jetpack plugin on your site so could you please try temporary deactivating its Photon module on your site?

This jetpack photon module is not updating the images stored on wp.com so to resolve the issue either disable this module or update the images on wp.com by contacting jetpack support team.

Then regenerate the thumbnails on your site using following plugin.

Hi Movin,

I followed your instructions but the images are still the same. I even deactivated jetpack all-together, but nothing. I tried removing the images and uploading again, and nothing changes.
I just want the featured image in its original format, I’m a photographer and I wouldn’t like to have my images cropped.
I hope there’s a solution

Thank you!
Karina

To make the images not crop, please remove the above shared custom colorlib plugin and use the attached modified plugin.

Hi Movin,
I installed the new plugin and regenerate the thumbnails, but still doesn’t work. :frowning:
I set the image size in 747 x 500 but it remains in 710 x 335

Also, when I see my blog in a mobile phone the sidebar doesn’t show ok.

Thank you a lot for your help!

maybe should I clear the cache in wp?

I installed the new plugin and regenerate the thumbnails, but still doesn’t work. ? I set the image size in 747 x 500 but it remains in 710 x 335

Please don’t change anything just use my shared plugin without changing any code.

maybe should I clear the cache in wp?

Yes you should clear it and also disable photon module that i have described above.

Also, when I see my blog in a mobile phone the sidebar doesn’t show ok.

This is because of the following custom CSS code that you are using on your site.

div#secondary {
}

So to resolve the issue please change the above CSS code to the below CSS code on your site.

@media (min-width: 992px){
div#secondary {
}
}

div#secondary {
}

Hi Movin,

The side bar shows ok now in my mobile, thank you!

But the featured image remains the same. I uploaded the plugin that you sent me without changes, deactivated jetpack, cleared the cache and my browser, and regenerated the thumbnails. I know at this point is frustrating for both of us, but I really don’t know why it’s not working

Should I delete jetpack or any other plugin?

Thanks a lot for your time and help!

I hope after uploading and installing the shared custom plugin you have also activated it.

I can see the full image on your site like this http://www.historiasenverde.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/DSC_1995b-710x335.jpg so could you please tell me where is the problem by sharing the screenshot of it?

Hi, yes, I activated the plugin.

The problem is that is not the full image, is cropped.
The full image is as when you go to read the post, as you can see in the screenshot I attached, but in the home page the image is cropped to a more panoramic proportion. I want to keep the 2x3 original format.

Thank you!

Ok then Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Hi Movin,
Thank you very much for your time and help
This is my log details:

user: admin
password: sergio1306198

Thanks!

I have made it work on your site by using attached modified custom plugin.

Hi Movin!

thank you so much! I really appreciate all your work.
what should I do with jetpack now? Can I activate it or is better to leave it deactivated? The only reason I want it is for the stats it provides, but maybe there is another way to visualize them.

Thank you again
Karina

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Yes you can activate the Jetpack now.