Problem with link colors

Hi there,

I am hoping that someone can help me with this problem.

I have changed the color scheme of my Travelify theme, and as part of this I have changed the settings for the link colors in Appearance - Customize - Travelify Typography Color. Basically, I have changed the Link Color and Link Hover Color to two different shades of red, rather than the default greens. I have also changed the Element Color and Element Hover Color to reds as well.

The problem is this. When I click on a blog post heading link in the blog index home page, the hover color is correct but when I actually click on it, it goes back to green momentarily until the new page loads. I also have this very same problem in the Menu Bar as well, the font goes green after clicking until the new page loads. I overcame this problem using CSS code with a:visited in Firefox, but in IE it still happens.

It seems as though the theme is still referencing some green colors for some reason, so I’m just wondering whether I’m missing something. I even had problems with the Tag Cloud links going green when I hover over them, and I had to overcome that with some CSS as well.

To my knowledge I have nothing left that’s set to green but somehow it’s still there.

I’m pretty sure it’s not a cache issue because I tried viewing the site in a different browser and the behavior is the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hi @neo35813,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The problem is this. When I click on a blog post heading link in the blog index home page, the hover color is correct but when I actually click on it, it goes back to green momentarily until the new page loads. I also have this very same problem in the Menu Bar as well, the font goes green after clicking until the new page loads. I overcame this problem using CSS code with a:visited in Firefox, but in IE it still happens.
I even had problems with the Tag Cloud links going green when I hover over them, and I had to overcome that with some CSS as well.

I could confirm both the above listed issues on my test site using latest version of Travelify theme. The issue will be fixed in the future version of the theme.

In the meanwhile we can resolve the issues using CSS code.

Please note the CSS selector a:visited is only supported in the IE browser version 7 or above.

The following CSS code worked fine for me.

#main a:focus, 
#main a:active,
#main a:visited{
color: #dd3333;
}

Could you please try using the above CSS code and also let me know the IE browser version that you are using?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks very much for your reply. I use mostly Firefox but I also tested the site in IE 11.

Defining a red color for a:visited was no good for me because all my blog post headings became red because they had been visited before.

Simply defining a color for a:focus solved my problem however, thanks very much for your help!

Cheers.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: