Problem with Shapely Companion

Hello. i’m new to wordpress and i try to install Shapely Companion but after installing it if i activate it i get HTTP ERROR 500 and i can not access the admin page.
i try with the latest version of wordpress and with 4.6.1 but the same problem.
i try to install theme first and then the companion with the same resaults.
i have to manual delete the plugin folder to access the admin page again.
Can you please tell me what i’m doing wrong?

Thank you.

I have not used Shapely Companion but I am assuming your reason was to get all widget etc easily to build your website.

I have wordpress 4.7.2 and followed instructions step by step in document found at Shapely Theme Documentation - Colorlib

I have set it up but want to customize original features slightly which is a seperate issue!

and i use this tutorial to setup theme but i can not istall Companion always the same problem.
if i dont install companion i can’t install the demo files.
i dont know what i am doing wrong.
i try to install wordpress from my plesk panel, install it manual… i think i setup wordpress and theme over 20 times and always the same problem.

Hi, I have the same problem.
I followed the instructions on https://colorlib.com/wp/support/shapely/
but when I install and activate the Shapely Companion everything breaks and i get the HTTP ERROR and I cant even open mydashboard anymore.

anyone got a solution to this yet?
I’m using wordpress 4.7.2 and the latest version of the Shapely Theme

Hi Guys,

500 server errors are caused by servers, can you check the server’s error log to see what it throws? It is timestamped, so you can check the time of plugin activated and check the error.

If it says some memory error, please use this Editing wp-config.php « WordPress Codex to increase the memory. If that shows some other error, can you paste the error here, so that we can give you a proper solution?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hello larantz. I have the same issue. My guess is that it is a bug. If I install the plug in, the wp installation breaks. If I delete the plugin through FTP, site is back online…I have wordpress 4.7.5. Any help is appreciated.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

This may be a bug in the plugin, please make a post for this issue using the link below referencing this thread to notify the author of this issue:

Best Regards,
Support

I was able to solve the problem by upgrading PHP to version 7

Hello there,

Thanks for sharing that information with us.
@wolf1gr Please try updating your PHP to version 7 and see if that fixes the issue.

Best Regards,
Support