Problems changing footer

As per Movin’s suggestion to remove the “Colorlib etc” text from the footer to just my own copyright found in this help page https://colorlibsupport.com/t/editing-footerheader/ I downloaded and activated the same “child theme” zip file. But when I installed the child theme and activated it, it allowed me to totally customise my footer, but every other colour customisation etc that I had changed in the parent theme was lost/removed. When I reinstalled the parent theme, my customisations were back but the footer reverted to the one with the Colorlib text. Wordpress only allows me to activate only one theme at a time. Is there a custom CSS I can add to the parent theme??

Hi @radiogal,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Is there a custom CSS I can add to the parent theme??

You should never add custom CSS to parent theme because if you make changes in the theme file then you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation.

Instead you can add the CSS code in the style.css file of the child theme or add it in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

But when I installed the child theme and activated it, it allowed me to totally customise my footer, but every other colour customisation etc that I had changed in the parent theme was lost/removed.

Could you please tell me how you have made colour customisation?

If you have made it from the parent theme customisation settings then you have to redo it again once for the child theme.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin, thanks for responding.
As per my question, I found and used the child theme file that was attached to the support question in the URL. Therefore, I assume that the parent theme is the Activello pack.

The Activello theme/pack is the ONLY one I’ve been working on. The child theme zip file I refer to is the one I downloaded from the URL above.

The colour adjustments I made was on the only theme file I have been working on before trying to work on the custom footer (which is why I downloaded the child theme).

Furthermore, the child theme only contains CSS pertaining to the footer.

Thanks.

The colour adjustments I made was on the only theme file I have been working on before trying to work on the custom footer (which is why I downloaded the child theme).

As said above you should never made any changes to parent theme because if you make changes in the theme file then you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation.

Instead you can add the CSS code in the style.css file of the child theme or add it in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

Hi Movin,

I’m quite confused. In this thread, you advised the user to download and install the child theme that you attached. (https://colorlibsupport.com/t/editing-footerheader/)

As I needed help for the same issue, I downloaded the same attachment (which you referred to as a “custom child theme”), uploaded it to my WP->Appearance->Themes section and activated it, so I could remove the ®Colorlib text in the footer of my Activello theme.

But as you would know, only one theme can be activated at a time. I assumed I needed to activate the newly installed theme that you had provided in that thread.

Right now, I reverted to activate my Activello theme. But still am unable to fully adjust the footer.

Which theme should be activated? Do I make all font/colour changes in the Custom CSS section of the child theme only?

(Btw, I refer Activello theme as the “parent theme.”)
Thanks.

But as you would know, only one theme can be activated at a time. I assumed I needed to activate the newly installed theme that you had provided in that thread.

Yes you should activate the child theme.

Which theme should be activated?

You have to activate the child theme.

Do I make all font/colour changes in the Custom CSS section of the child theme only?

Yes