Problems Sparkling WordPress theme setup

Hello, guys! At first I’d like to say Sparkling theme is awesome! I still haven’t published the blog cause I’m still kind of experiencing wordpress (long-time blogger user), and I’ve been finding some trouble to customize it.

These are my questions:

1. I’ve been reading through the topics and found out it isn’t possible to set the slider size (or make it adjustable like the feature images) unless I choose pictures with the same size. Has this changed? If I post an image 1920x500 as feature image will it adjust nicely to both places?

2. And I’ve just read that the slider isn’t responsive and we have to change the code so that we can at least show the images and make them linkable, without titles or excerpts, on mobile devices. Has this changed?

3. Is it possible to change fonts and link colors? How do I get there?

Thank you very much in advance.

1. You can use any image size for slider. We use 1920 by 600px and I like how this image size looks. I have seen many users using much larger images such as 1920px by 900px that covers almost the entire screen area. It is best to keep images 1920px in width so images covers the entire screen on large screen devices.

Featured images are defined via functions.php like this:

add_image_size( 'sparkling-featured', 750, 410, true );

And you can change it to any value you want. For example if you are using 1920px by 600px images for slider and want to see the same aspect ratio images as featured images you might want to change size like this::

add_image_size( 'sparkling-featured', 750, 235, true );

Now images won’t be cropped for featured images and will look exactly like images in slider but just smaller.

1. Images are visible on mobile without any problems but featured text and title is removed because otherwise it would overlap content on mobile and that’s not something you would like to experience. To make slider clickable on mobile you have to edit theme code but you can do it via Child Theme and that will make it update safe. I am thinking that this could come as standard for this theme in the upcoming version if I receive more requests for it.

2. You can change color for every element via Theme Options. There are dozens of options included with this theme. Fonts might be bit tricky as there is no such options in Theme Options but if you can name the font you want to use and post your website URL I will help you with that.

Hello! I love the theme - thank you so much!

However I am struggling to work out why the slider is so slow to load! Any help would be much appreciated!

I have 3 x posts for the slider - the images are: 1920 x 620 and 170KB I like how they reach the full width of the page but the homepage takes so long to load up! Even on my mobile device - it takes around 20 seconds to load.

My wifi is good and I have tried is multiple locations - is there something I am missing?

Thanks!
Katie

http://yachtemilymorgan.com/