Problems with slider images

I’ve been trying to set up a proper image for the slider, but no matter what I try those sneaky white bars don’t go away…

I already tried changing the code at functions.php

add_image_size( 'sparkling-featured', 730, 410, true );

Also installed Thumbnails Regenerate, nothing worked.
When I tweak the values at Sparkling-Featured, only the featured images change, the one at the slider don’t.

Any idea on whats going on?

Hi @dragonic,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I am not which white bars you are talking about so could you please share me screenshot of it and your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi, I’m fine just fine, hope you’re too.

When using the default configuration for featured (and slider images) the size is 730x410 (not sure, but its about that) the image at the slider wont fill the entire width of the slider, leaving blank spaces (white bars) because the image isnt big enought

Then I followed the instructions posted by the creator of the theme in alot of similar posts, I changed the line add_image_size( 'sparkling-featured', 730, 410, true ); to higher values so the image would be sized correctly (the original one is 1920x1080 pixels by the way) but changing that one line was only affecting the featured image, not the one at the slider…

I tried everything for the hole day yesterday just to give up…
Hopefully my explanation was good enought.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Sparkling theme.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

I already gave up on that, I undid stuff…
I may try again in the future, but not now.

Thanks anyway!

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: