Project link disappears

I have added three projects to the theme with a title and a picture. There is also a field where you can enter a link, so that users can click on the project photo and go to a pagewith info about the project. However, I am unable to set a link for any of my projects. Whenever I type or copy a URL into the “link” field, the URL is there for a short while and then disappears as soon as I click to save and publish.

I have tried entering URLs in different formats, I have tried typgin and copying. Nothing seems to make a differnce. The link keeps disappearing.

How can I solve this?

This is also happening to my website as well. I paste in the link, republish, and then the link completely disappears. It seems like a bug.

Idem here

Hi,

It seems like a bug like you guys told, for now can you try this,

go to /wp-content/plugins/illdy-companion/widgets/class-widget-project.php using any FTP browser like FileZilla, if you’re don’t know the FTP Login details contact your host about this, OR Simply install WPIDE plugin and do the edit.

in line #77 you will see this line,

$url = !isset( $instance['url'] ) ? sanitize_text_field( $instance['url'] ) : '';

change that to,

$url = !empty( $instance['url'] ) ? sanitize_text_field( $instance['url'] ) : '';

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Laranz

Thanks for your help.
The link appears on the appareance view, but in the page stills the link to the image and not to the url we writed.
this is my web page rehuce.cl
Hope you can help us

Regards

Hi @hugofredescoydan,

Did you edit like I instructed in the above post? It should fix the issue. For now use that patch, I already report this to the development team, they will fix that in the upcoming update. :slight_smile:

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Laranz

Yes, i did it but still no working, do you have another patch-idea ?

Thanks for your help

Regards !

Hi @hugofredescoydan,

Pass me the WP Login details in a private reply, I will check what’s going wrong. I tried in my local and the patch works without any issue.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Laranz

User: [email protected]
Password: santa146santa146

Many thanks !!
Best Regards

Login page:. rehuce.cl/wp-login.php

I already follow the instruction until change steps in line #77

seems no change, same like @hugofredescoydan

my website is meetcation.com

What’s next , any advise?

Changing line #77 fixed the issue on my website. If it links to the image, make sure you disabled the lightbox options in Customizer > Front Page Sections > Project Section. And make sure you specified a different URL than the picture’s URL.

I hope it helps you.

Dany

Problem Solved

Many thanks Dany and Laranz !!

Best Regards

You are very welcome !

Dany