Question for some modifications - content width, header height, clickable header

Hi!
My name is Virginia and i’m using your theme “Travelify” in my travel blog: www.porlasrutasdelmundo.com
I want to ask you about some modifications in your theme.

1 - I would like to change the color on the “back to top” button to #1c31b5 (the same as navigation menu bar).

2 - I would like to make the site design weider. For example to 1100px

3 - I would like to know if it’s possible to only show the description in slider, not the title.

4 - How can i make the space above the header image (social media buttons) smaller? (see attachment)

5 - I would like to know if it’s possible to link the header image to the home page (www.porlasrutasdelmundo.com).

I´m from Argentina so sorry if my english is hard to understand.
Thank you, very much!

Regards,
Virginia

Virginia,

1. You can change background color for back to top button by adding this simple CSS to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS.
.back-to-top a {
  background: #1c31b5;
}
  1. You can change website width to 1100px by adding this CSS code to above mentioned Custom CSS field.
.wrapper {
  max-width: 1100px;
}

.container {
  max-width: 100%;
}

img.attachment-featured.wp-post-image {
  width: 100%;
}

#site-generator .copyright {
  margin-left: 30px;
}
  1. You can get rid of title by using this CSS code and again add it to the same Custom CSS field. Slider description will remain in place.
.featured-text .featured-title {
  display: none;
}
  1. To reduce white space above and below social media icons you can use this code:
.hgroup-right {
  margin-top: 0;
}

.hgroup-wrap {
  padding-bottom: 5px;
}
  1. You can follow this simple tutorial that I wrote a while ago to make Custom Header image clickable.

Let me know if this helps.

Hi Aigars!

Thank you very much for your help!

1- Thanks for your help, i was able to do it.

2- Thanks for your help, i was able to do it.

3 - Regardless putting the code, the title still shows. I left it on my site so you can see.

4 - I used the code but it stills shows above de social media icons.

5 - I saw the simple tutorial you put but i don’t find the “header-exteansions.php” in the dashboard of Wordpress.org

I’d like for you to continue to help me.

Thank you very much
Regards,

Virginia

Virginia,

3./4. I don’t know if you have some script installed that translates your code or you did it manually. See this code from your website source:

# Sitio generador de .Copyright{margin-left:30px}.hgroup derecha{margin-top:0}.hgroup-wrap{padding-bottom:2px}texto .featured .featured-título{display:none}

This is definitely not how the code I provided and it is partly translated and of course it doesn’t work. it must be exactly like I provided. If it is some automated translation script, try to disable it or at least limit for CSS.

1. This file can’t be accessed via WordPress dashboard and you need to access it via FTP client such as FileZilla. Or alternatively you can do it via your hosting control panel.

Yes, that was the problem. I had an automatic translator. Now I put it well and it worked.
5. I don’t know how i can do it, but i will try do it via my hosting control panel.

Thank you very much!

Virginia

Hi!

1. I can do it via my hosting control panel.

Thank you very much!

Virginia