Re-add / reinstall 'First Button' on static home page

Hi there, after handing the site over to the cleitn to test they deleted the ‘first button’ on the home page, within the jumbotron. How can I reinstall this/ add it back in? I have tried just editing the text in the customise panel but it is still not displaying. I can send a link/allow access to the site if needed?

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

How did they delete the button, as it by changing the code of the theme?
Please go to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and see if they added any CSS to hide the button.

Best Regards,
Support

I can’t see any additional CSS. It appears when I am logged in as Admin but when I view the site as an outsider or on a different device it is not there. Here is the link: http://www.jdaveytest.co.uk/

We have also noticed that the site appears differently when logged in as admin or a normal viewer - soemthings are displaying and some are not.

Hi there,
Was anyone ablet o help with my query? How can I reinstall soem of the things which have been deleted? I can give access to the site if needed.

Hello there,

This issue is strange because you said both buttons appear when logged in so the code is there.

Please go to Appearance > Editor > sections > front-page-bottom-header.php and check to see if line 13 has the following code:

$first_button_title = get_theme_mod( 'illdy_jumbotron_general_first_button_title', __( 'Learn more', 'illdy' ) ); $first_button_url = get_theme_mod( 'illdy_jumbotron_general_first_button_url', esc_url( '#' ) ); $second_button_title = get_theme_mod( 'illdy_jumbotron_general_second_button_title', __( 'Download', 'illdy' ) ); $second_button_url = get_theme_mod( 'illdy_jumbotron_general_second_button_url', esc_url( '#' ) );

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there, yes this all seems to be there. I’ll attach some screen grabs - please could you tell me what is causing this issue? If it is displaying in my customise panel (and activated) why is it then not displaying to anyone not logged in?

I’m also noticing that some headins are not displaying when I am logged out - the Contact Us title only shows when I am logged in as Admin?

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please use the following plugin to clear your WordPress cache :

If that does not work then contact your hosting provider and have them ensure that you are using PHP version 5.6 or higher.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there, I am still having issues - seeing a different appearance when logged in and when not. I will attach screen grabs ( the (1) image is when I’m logged out) but please could you tell me how I can solve this and how I can reinstall elements which have been deleted or hidden by the client by accident? I have checked the code as stated above but all looks fine to me.