READ MORE tag making slideshows stop working and request javascript.

Hello all. Loving the shapely theme. Got our site all working great but when I create a post, insert a gallery as a slideshow and use a read more tag, it messes things up.

This is what I’ve figured out up to now.

Without a READ MORE tag, the blog posts inc slideshows will show up fine on both the blog page and the individual post page.

With a READ MORE tag, the blog posts inc slideshows will show up fine on both the blog page and the individual post page, when the post is clicked on via the featured image

HOWEVER

With a READ MORE tag, the blog posts inc slideshows will show up fine on the blog page but NOT on the individual post page, when the post is clicked on via the READ MORE button. This directs you to a page with an additional /more-2905 tag (or another number) added to it. The slideshow doesn’t play and above it is" This slideshow requires JavaScript."

PLEASE HELP.

Love the slideshow feature but can’t do without READ MORE

Hello,
Can i see this problem live? Please send your website URL so we can check that.

You can mark your reply as private if you don’t want to share your website URL with other users.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I’ve now partly solved this problem by installing the Jquery Updater plugin. Unfortunately, a side affect of this is that now when you click on the read more button, it jumps to the blog post and bounces back up to the top of the post. Is there CSS code to resolve the side effect? Rather not deactivate the Jquery plugin just yet as at the moment slideshows are showing up via the Raed More tag link.

Thanks
john
www.edventurerus.com

Hi

yes, weird :slight_smile:
I have solution, little bit different but it will work, as i can see some of your posts on the homepage has read more button and some of them does not, if we click on the post title (where read more is) we are navigated inside post without that side effect, what about to remove these read more buttons at all? please add this css in appearance > customize > additional css:

/*Hide read more button on homepage*/
.home .post-content .more-link {
display: none;

let me know what you think about this :slight_smile: