"Read More"

Hello!

This Theme is Amazing. I don’t understand how Sparkling is free. Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

I love this theme but… How can I remove the button “Read More”? I don’t like the full post have got this view button.

I wish the classic Read more… of themes like Twenty Eleven, Twelve… Is it possible?

Thank you, thank you and thank you. Congratulation for this awesome job.

Thank you for your kind words!

I am learning web design and development and I am creating free WordPress themes just to practice. Eventually I will be creating premium WordPress themes but I will still support these themes and will release free themes as well as they doesn’t take that much time to create once you get used to code.

You can simply remove it by adding this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS

a.btn.btn-default.read-more {
    display: none;
}

To make it show “Read More” when you actually want to use “Excerpt” might be a bit tricky. Which means that you either want to remove this button completely or leave it as it is.

Thank you for your quick reply :slight_smile:

OK. The code works ok, but I can’t see the “Excerpt” :-(. Don’t worry, I thought the change was easy.

I’m spanish, can I put “Leer más” on the button?. Moreover, if you want, I can help you with the translation :wink:

Thank you so much!

Spanish translation would be awesome!

Changing read more button is actually part of translation and you still have to create .po file for it to translate it and any other string within theme.

I have already put together a simple tutorials in how to translate WordPress themes How to translate a WordPress theme including Shapely & Illdy - Colorlib It is specific to Travelify theme but there is not much difference when it comes to Sparkling or any other theme.

If you are having difficulties with translation, please let me know and I will try to guide you through the process.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you!

I’ll read the tutorial and I’ll help you with the translation :slight_smile:

Hi!

Can you send me a private mail to talk about the translation?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Please send email to support[at]divilab.com (replace [at] with @) but I will respond to you via my private email.

Thanks you!

Okey. Done!

Are you sure that you sent email to support[at]divilab.com because I haven’t received anything. Did check junk/spam folder but there is nothing.

Yes… you don’t worry… I going to send other mail now :wink:

Email sent…