READ MORE

Hi
Sorry to bother you with such a simple thing… I want to change “READ MORE” text of read more tag but it is too difficult for me (I am beginner). I tried a lot of advices I found in internet but all them were false. No "<!–more YOUR OWN TEXT -->, no changes in language files (I am using Polish translation of Activello), no other help I found in WP forums. Nothing works. Can anybody help me and explain where the more tag is defined to change it ?
Please !

Hi @julkaj,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin
Thank you much for the reply. I will check the plugin on Monday. In the meantime I learned how to use pl_pl.po file and poedit program. And I changed READ MORE. The only thing I do not understand is why changing read more tag text to the custom one does not work… I mean <!–more —>
Kind regards
julkaj

Dear Movin,
I did it and I see the setting in pl_PL.po has the highest priority and overrites the one in content.php. Let us leave it as it is.
Probably the same applies to my question: “The only thing I do not understand is why changing read more tag text to the custom one does not work… I mean <!–more —>”
Is it correct ?
Kind regards
jk

Hi Julkaj,

Yes you can translate the theme as described on the following page to change the text.

But the text which is not part of theme like the text displayed by <!–more —> is not changes by the above changes so in this case you can try using the custom plugin that i shared to change it.

Regards,
Movin