Removal of front side bar and other questions from newbie

Please be gentle - its the first time I’ve done a web site so I may be unfamiliar with the terminology.
I’ve created http://am-pmassociates.co.uk/ but on the front page I’d like to get rid of the side bar including Archives/Search/Meta altogether as its not really a blogging site I’m hosting. I’d just want navigation from the top as default.

Secondly - on new pages is it possible to have a column where I can either insert a photo or add text rather than having a photo inserted randomly ?

Additionally how do I get rid of the calendar from the front page ?

How do I edit the footer so that it contains contact information ?

Finally is it possible to delete the heart icon from the divider ?

I’m sorry for all the above - it is though my first attempt at anything like this Thankyou in anticipation

ps I’m running windows 10 if that helps any ?

Hi @camamsdad,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

on the front page I’d like to get rid of the side bar including Archives/Search/Meta altogether as its not really a blogging site I’m hosting. I’d just want navigation from the top as default.
Additionally how do I get rid of the calendar from the front page ?

I visited your site http://am-pmassociates.co.uk/ and it seems you managed to achieve it.

Please advise.

Secondly – on new pages is it possible to have a column where I can either insert a photo or add text rather than having a photo inserted randomly ?

Yes you can add this details in the text widget and add that text widget in the sidebar so that it will be displayed on the page. If you want to display different content in the widget on different pages then you can achieve it using the following plugin.

Finally is it possible to delete the heart icon from the divider ?

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Apperance -> Theme Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body hr.section-divider:after {
  display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin