Remove "and hit enter" on search bar

Hello Movin,
I’d like to remove the text in the search bar that says “and hit enter.” Could you please tell me how this is possible?
Than you,
Ketti

Hi Ketti,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you to remove it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Sure. Here it is: http://kettiwilhelm.com/

You can try removing it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

.nav-search input::-webkit-input-placeholder {
   color:transparent;
}

.nav-search input:-moz-placeholder { /* Firefox 18- */
}

.nav-search input::-moz-placeholder {  /* Firefox 19+ */
}

.nav-search input:-ms-input-placeholder {  
}

Hi Movin,

First of all, thank you. That code works on my computer (a mac using chrome) but doesn’t go through on mobile (iphone using either safari or chrome). Any ideas?

Ketti

You can try achieving this by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains some custom code.

Hi Movin,
Thank you for this, but it’s still there! I tried Safari and Chrome again, and tried deactivating and reactivating the plugin. (My highest tech solutions.)
Ketti

Have you activated the plugin on your site?

It is working fine on my test site so Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?