Remove date and user - sidebar width for Unite theme

Hi!
I had a look around here, but I think I haven’t found a solution for what I’m trying to do (in the case I’vemissedit, please give me the link).
I would like to remove the date and user from under the title of the posts. This, both in the category listing (I think it’s archive) and in the post itself.
I have found an help on how to remove meta totally, but it removes also the meta at the end of the posts (category and tags). I would like category and tags to remain and just remove date and user.
Is it possible to do?

I’m also looking to find the way to shorten the width of the sidebar.

Thank you in advance for the help and again thanks for you job with this theme.

1. You can remove date and author name for Unite theme by adding this simple CSS to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS>
.posted-on,
.byline {
  display: none !important;
}

1. To make sidebar narrower you can use code like this. Default value is 33% and and that’s also the maximum that can fit there.
@media (min-width: 992px) {
  #secondary.col-md-4 {
    width: 30%;
  }
}

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Hi @Aigars,
thanks for your reply and sorry for my delay. Yes, that’s what I was looking for, just one more thing about it. Is it possible to widen the main section (the one the are posts and pages), so that there is less space between the left column and the main area?

Thanks for your help, very appreciated!

Ok, then you must be using left sidebar.

You might try to use code like this instead:

@media (min-width: 992px) {
  #secondary.col-md-4 {
    width: 30%;
  }
  #primary.col-md-8 {
    width: 70%;
  }
}

Let me know if this is what you were looking for. If not, please post your website URL and will try to help you from there.