Remove Featured Image from Blog Post

Hello,
I have a travel blog using the Sparkling theme and I love it. Only issue I have is that I do not want to have the Featured Image displayed at the top of each post. I want to choose to embed the image in the post (which I do by adding it as a regular media item) at the place of my choosing. But this creates the issue my image appears twice. Please help me to remove the featured image from the the top of the post page. An example: http://www.insearchofwonder.com/monday-morning-inspiration-two-important-days/
Thanks,
In Search of Wonder

I see that you have already resolved this issue. For other wondering I will post a solution here.

You can hide featured image on single post view while leaving them in place for blog page by adding this simple CSS to Appearance - Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS.

.single .single-featured {
display: none;
}

Hi, I’m using the Travelify theme and I’m trying to use this code (from previous post) for not showing the featured image in both the slider and the post on the homepage, but I can’t seem to get it to work.

Any suggestions? Is it another code for the Travelify theme?

Hi,
This code:

}

Seems not to work on my post.

I have to go to the content-single.php and disable, other wise the custom css wont work for me.

Find
<?php the_post_thumbnail( 'dazzling-featured', array( 'class' => 'thumbnail' )); ?>

and

replace
<!-- <?php the_post_thumbnail( 'dazzling-featured', array( 'class' => 'thumbnail' )); ?> →

Hi Aigars.

I am using sparkling theme and can’t remove the featured image from my posts (I use the featured image just for the popular post thumbnail to appear)

I typed your below code in CSS Stylesheet editor. But it did not work.

}

My website address is www.pressedword.com

The problem van be seen on the frontpage.

Thanks in advance

Tony

@ftayan This is old topic and to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.