Remove featured image from blog view and single post

Hi,

I am using the Sparkling theme and would like to be able to set a featured image from a post without having it appear in the blog view or on the single post. I would like it to show up when I publicize the post (using the JetPack plugin for this) and in the popular posts widget on my blog.

I tried using the code

.single .single-featured {
display: none;
}

but that left the image on when I went to the blog view.

My site is located at coffeenancy.com. Thank you for a great theme.

Your code targets only single post view and all you need to do is to make it more global that targets featured images in general. You can do that by adding this Custom CSS to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS.

.single-featured {
}

Thank you for the quick reply, however, it didn’t work. I added the code you gave me and then assigned a featured image to one post (One Word: Consistency). The featured image appears both in the blog view and in the single post.

Is there something else I need to do?

You can see the single post here: http://www.coffeenancy.com/2015/01/one-word-consistency/

I have other code in the Custom CSS section. Could it be interfering? See below for details.

.flex-caption h2 {
  background: rgba(0, 90, 255, 0.7);
}

.tagcloud a {
  padding: 6px 7px;
  margin-right: 0;
  margin-bottom: 4px;
  line-height: 100%;
  display: inline-block;
  color: #FFF !important;
  background-color: #c4c4c4;
  border-radius: 3px;
  -webkit-border-radius: 3px;
  font-size: 12px !important;

#secondary .widget a {
    color: #aeaeae;
}

.single-featured {
}

You have a small error in your code - missing curly bracket at the end of tag cloud styling, so it breaks everything that comes after it. Replace your Custom CSS with this one instead:

.flex-caption h2 {
  background: rgba(0, 90, 255, 0.7);
}

.tagcloud a {
  padding: 6px 7px;
  margin-right: 0;
  margin-bottom: 4px;
  line-height: 100%;
  display: inline-block;
  color: #FFF !important;
  background-color: #c4c4c4;
  border-radius: 3px;
  -webkit-border-radius: 3px;
  font-size: 12px !important;
}

#secondary .widget a {
    color: #aeaeae;
}

.single-featured {
}

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you so much! I don’t know how many times I checked that code and missed that ending bracket. All fixed now and the code you gave me now does what it is supposed to. Thanks again!