remove footer and header, install Georgia as a font.

Hello, I am new to Wordpress, I chose sparkling as the Theme. How can I remove the copyright information in footer, change the header and use Georgia italic as one of the fonts? I’ve seen the answers about the footer and header before, but they seem to be old, they simply do not work now. Thank you all in advance for your answers!!

Hi @zhenya74,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

#colophon .copyright {
    display: none;
}
.navbar-default .navbar-nav li > a {
    font-family: Georgia,Times,Times New Roman,serif;
    font-style: italic;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello, Movin

thank you for your advice, but it doesn’t work… When I follow your path , the site says that I’m cheating and that I do not have the right to change it. When I follow the Theme Documentation, I get the following (see attached) picture. What should I do?

Thank you

I am not sure how the site says that you’re cheating so could you please share me the screenshot of it?

Hello again, Movin!

Yes, you are right, now it doesn’t display header or footer, but only in the Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

I do “save draft”, but when I go the visit site option, nothing changes. Should I save changes somewhere else one more time?

And thank you very much for your time!

Not sure exactly what’s the problem you are facing so sharing screenshots as requested above will be helpful.

Here are 2 pdf. Numbers are header, one of the pages, footer. As you can see, there is a difference - on the customizing area everything has changed, when I return to the site, everything stays without changes. Is there any other button, that I have to press, so the customizing area corresponds the site itself? Thank you!

here is one more attachment.