Remove Mobile Site

Hi,

How do I remove mobile site layout when I view my blog on my mobile? I would like the original theme to be seen from mobile.

I’ve removed the “<metaname=“viewport” content…” line from my header.php, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

Here’s my blog for your reference: www.belaroundtheworld.com.

Thank you!

Hi @mademoisellebel,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To achieve this you have to develop custom code.

You can try achieving this by using the attached custom child theme of Activello theme that contains some custom code.

Still you have to overwrite the bootstrap CSS code in the child theme.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

I am not a developer but is there any way that I can do this on my own? Is there something I have to edit in style.css and functions.php?

I would appreciate it a lot if you can walk me through this.

Many thanks,
Movin

Hi @Movin and @mademoisellebel,

I have the same issue on my site and I’d like to do the customisation myself.
Could you please give us some tips to implement that?

Thanks!
Have a good day

Hi There,

If it was easy then i would have provided that solution in the above shared child theme but it is not. Also developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

You can refer the solutions posted on the following pages to achieve it.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/disable-responsiveness-of-bootstrap-on-screen-only-at-mobile-allowed

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin, I might be conveying the wrong message.

If you check belaroundtheworld.com on mobile, it gives a standard wordpress layout, which differs from the actual website as my theme can no longer be seen on mobile. Compare it to another blog e.g. worldofwanderlust.com, you can see that the theme & layout of the blog is the same across web and mobile. Can you explain how I can achieve this?

Thanks!

Isabel

Hi @movin,

I never assumed it was something easy to achieve nor asked you to provide the full solution and go beyond your support service. But, since this is the support forum for the theme, I’d appreciate at least an explanation of why the theme doesn’t automatically show on mobile. Isn’t it supposed to do so?

Anyway I will check the links you indicates to fix the issue, thanks for those.

Have a good day

@giuliacalli

I’d appreciate at least an explanation of why the theme doesn’t automatically show on mobile. Isn’t it supposed to do so?

The theme automatically displays on mobile but if this is not the cause with you then you are having different issue and not what is posted in this topic so to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here Activello - Colorlib Support Forum instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.