Remove 'no' and 'numbers of comments' for comments

We would like to remove the ‘No’ plus any ‘numbers of comments’ in front of ‘Comments’ We just want the word ‘Comments’ with its link to them and the form. Is this possible, and if so, how do we do it?

Thank you.

These text strings can be found in file called content-extensions.php that you can find on travelify folder - library - structure.

Just search for “No Comments” on that file. It is mentioned 4 times on that file for each blog template and different archives but it wouldn’t hurt if you will replace all of them just to be sure.

When changing, can I leave it blank? Will this also remove the numbers?

Thank you!

Numbers are on the same line of that code - 1 Comment and % Comments and you want to edit those as well since they are going to be used when there are comments.

I am nervous about downloading, editing and uploading this. Do I have to worry about setting permissions - or anything else? And do we just remove 1 Comment and % Comments plus No? Can we pay you, or someone you can recommend, to do it for us? I am sure it is very simple for someone who knows what they are doing. I am not a programmer, although I do work a little with html and css.

Thank you for your help.

There is not much you can break completely as you can always download original theme files from WordPress.org or Github. In the worst case scenario your website will return blank page or some error code but in that case you just have to take original theme file from my above mentioned sources and replace that file. You shouldn’t worry about permission either.

All you need to do is to open that content-extensions.php file and replace all these lines:

<span class="comments"><?php comments_popup_link( __( 'No Comments', 'travelify' ), __( '1 Comment', 'travelify' ), __( '% Comments', 'travelify' ), '', __( 'Comments Off', 'travelify' ) ); ?></span>

with this:

<span class="comments"><?php comments_popup_link( __( 'Comments', 'travelify' ), __( 'Comments', 'travelify' ), __( 'Comments', 'travelify' ), '', __( 'Comments Off', 'travelify' ) ); ?></span>

If you somehow manage to break things completely (theoretically not possible but people still find a way :slight_smile: ) then still it is not possible to lose any data on your website because it is saved on database and this file doesn’t affect it. So you could replace the entire theme folder with a new one and no harm to your content would be done.

I will try. Thank you for complete instructions. It sounds a little easier now. This leaves the word ‘Comments’ linked to them I hope.

It worked! Thank you so very much? -again-