Remove read more on all posts for Activello WordPress theme

Hi,

How can I remove “read more” on all posts? I’ve managed to remove the actual words but I want all blog posts to be displayed in full as soon as you enter my site.

I already have a custom css on there, so not sure if I can add additional ones?

Kind regards,
Noelle

Hi Noelle,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can display the whole post and remove “read more” link from it on the posts listing page by unchecking the option “Show post excerpts?” on the following path as shown in the attached screenshot.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Content Options

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi,

I have tried that already but nothing is happening… Any other options? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi Noelle,

I have tried that already but nothing is happening.. Any other options?

Please try checking and unchecking that option multiple times.

Could you please share me your site URL so that i can troubleshoot it?

You can try removing the “read more” on all posts by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#page .read-more {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi,

See screenshot.

The website is bynoelle.co.uk

The read more button is gone but the post still doesn’t show in full…

Thanks for your help!!

Same problem here… tried to uncheck that option but nothing works. Any suggestion?

Same problem for me, and of course the CSS trick doesn’t help. It just removes the “read more” text, but the post is still cut.

Hi @blogbynoelle,

I visited your shared site to test it but found you are not using Activello theme on your site.

Please advise.

Regards,
Movin

Hello!

I checked and unchecked that option multiple times and added the CSS code, but it’s the same problem for me: “It just removes the “read more” text, but the post is still cut.” I really need all blog posts to be displayed in full as well.

Can you help me, Movin?

My blog is http://www.vidademozin.com/

I really appreciate your help with that.

Thanks!

Hi @camillafreitas,

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

I’m having the same problem, would you be able to assist me?

Thanks!

Hi @jessgrierson,

Sure i can assist you.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Regards,
Movin

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Here it is.
BLOG: www.vidademozin.com
Username: activello
Password: activello

Thank you so much!

Hi Movin

I’m also having the same problem and can’t get the home page to display the full post. Please could you help me?

I also have some other queries, about changing the font of the post title on the recent posts sidebar widget and the category font. Is it best to ask for help with those in a seperate thread or can you also help with those?

Many thanks
Hannah

Hi Movin, I sent the username and password via “private reply”. Did you see it?
Can you help me with that?

Many thanks,
Camilla

Hi There,

For those who want to display full post on home page without displaying read more button, you can achieve this by using the attached child theme of activello theme that contains some custom code.

Thanks,
Movin

@hannah

I also have some other queries, about changing the font of the post title on the recent posts sidebar widget and the category font. Is it best to ask for help with those in a seperate thread or can you also help with those?

To help us keep support thread separates it would be better if you create your own thread for your question here Activello - Colorlib Support Forum instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Thanks for your help @Movin.

I’ll create new threads for my other questions.

Sorry, but I’m a complete beginner and not really sure what to do with the child theme. I have tried to find some information on the forum, but still not sure how I would install the child theme from the zip file?

Also I have changed my theme quite a lot already through custom CSS, plugins and general settings. When I upload the child theme zip file will it wipe off all my changes?

Please could you give me some information?

Thank you

Hannah

@Hannah

Sorry, but I’m a complete beginner and not really sure what to do with the child theme. I have tried to find some information on the forum, but still not sure how I would install the child theme from the zip file?

Find information about child theme and how to use it on the following page.

http://freewptp.com/tutorials/why-and-how-to-create-and-use-wordpress-child-theme/
Also I have changed my theme quite a lot already through custom CSS, plugins and general settings. When I upload the child theme zip file will it wipe off all my changes?

No it won’t wipe out your changes.

Thanks for your help @movin.