Remove reatured Images from Home Page while keeping them elsewhere

Hello!

I’ve been looking on this forum, to find how can I get rid of the featured image appearing on the top of my posts. I added this code into Theme Options – Other – Custom CSS:

.single-featured {
display: none;
}

It’s working, but my featured images also disappeared when my posts are showing on the home page. I am having a blog and I would like that the featured images to appear near my recent posts on the home page. It’s there a way to make this work?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Keep it up,
Cristina

Hi Cristina,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can just remove the featured image appearing on the top of your single post pages by using the following CSS code replacing the CSS code that you have shared.

body.single-post #main .single-featured {
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin,

Thank you so much for helping me. I added the code you gave me and it’s working perfectly. Looking much better now. I am so happy.
I was wondering, is there a possibility to make the comments appear on pages? They appear on posts, but on pages they don’t.
Once again, I really appreciate you help! Thanks a lot.

Wish you a great weekend,
Cristina

I made the comments work on pages as well. Awesome!
No need for help.

All the best,
Cristina

You are always welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi cristina,

Could you tell how you made comments work on Sparkling pages? :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

Hope this will work for you too. I went to Appearance - Customize - Content Options - and checked this again ‘‘Display Comments on Static Pages?’’. It was checked by default, but for I don’t know what reason it didn’t worked. So I unchecked and checked it again and then it worked.
Let me know if you fixed this.

Wish you all the best,
Cristina

Hi Cristina,

Thank you for sharing the solution in the forum.

I hope it will help others who are searching for the similar solution.

Your help here is really appreciated.

Have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Movin

Wow! It worked :slight_smile: Thanks a lot!

@movin - are you able to do the same on Sparkling demo page?

Right now it also lacks comment section and it may be confusing for potential users.

Thak you all!

Hey,

I am so glad to hear that it worked. I am happy to help.

Have a nice day,
Cristina :slight_smile:

I have a similar-but-different request regarding Featured Images on Pages rather than posts…

When I use a Featured Image, it always appears at the top of the page to which it links…but it’s not wide enough to span the width of the content box. It looks poorly designed.

How can I change the width and height parameters so it will appear better designed, OR…how can I keep the Featured Image from displaying automatically on that page altogether?

Hi @szponix,

@movin – are you able to do the same on Sparkling demo page? https://colorlib.com/sparkling/about/page-with-comments/

Right now it also lacks comment section and it may be confusing for potential users.

Thanks for notifying us about this.

I have notified admin to enable comments on that page and he will enable it shortly.

Thanks,
Movin

Hi @pneumadeux,

I hope you are well today.

To help keep support thread separates you should create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

Cheers,
Movin

I too have a similar issue.
I don’t want to show featured images on homepage but in single post.

.single-featured {
}

Added the above code but it didn’t worked.

Hi @viveknath322,

Thanks for posting here.

To help keep support thread separates you should create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Cheers,
Movin

Thank you Cristina for sharing! I see that you initially logged this bug as a feature request. I added my vote to it, too, but had all but lost hope it would be resolved. Thanks for taking the time to investigate further and posting your solution. Appreciated!

Julie

Hello Julie,

I am glad to hear that I could help you. Hope you are enjoying the Sparkling theme. It looks very professional. :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend,
Cristina