Remove 'Search results for:' text

Hello

I would like to remove the text that heads the search results page so just the relevant posts come up.

Thank you,
Lucy

Hi @lucydm

Thanks for getting in touch with us , is it possible for you to drop a link to your website ?

Kind Regards,
Support

Where is Movin? He is so great at just replying with the relevant code. I have two other requests I am waiting for code for…

See attached - when you search this text comes up before the posts…I want the code to get rid of it. Thanks.

Hello,

Please add the following code :

.search header.page-header {
    display: none;
}

Have a nice day,
George.

Hi @lucydm

Sorry for the inconvenience cause, this css should do the trick

.h1.page-title{

display:none;

}

Kind Regards,
Support

Hi, thank you but it doesn’t work…

This code also does not work:

.search-results .page-title h1 {
display: none !important;
}

Hi,

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience cause, is it possible for you to share your url?

Kind Regards,
Support

Hi @lucydm,

I have tested the code on the page and it seems to work.

Please go to Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS and remove any css code related to the hiding the search area then add the following css code to hide the text:

h1.page-title {
}

Please notify me on the results.

Best Regards,
Support

This time it worked! If I want to keep the text and instead have it as the same italicised font as my post headings what code do I need?

Thank you!

This time it worked! If I want to keep the text and instead have it as the same italicised font as my post headings what code do I need?

You can achieve this using the below CSS code.

.search-results h1.page-title {
    font-family: "Lora", serif;
    font-style: italic;
}

Thank you. It didn’t work for me but I am happy without it.

It is working fine for me.

How have you used it?

Before using the shared code please make sure to display the ‘Search results for:’ text which you have hidden using CSS code shared initially in this topic.

Yes I removed the code above yours and then added yours. Maybe I did something wrong. Thank you very much anyway.

When i remove the following CSS code from your site and add my shared CSS code then it displays as shown in the attached screenshot.

body.search #main > header.page-header {
}
h1.page-title {
}

Hello again

After the update the search results page minus the term ‘search results’ has a larger gap again above the first displayed post so that the title is not in line with the widget.

You did give me code to fix this previously but something in the update has affected it.

Please help.

Thank you,
Lucy

I visited your shared site but didn’t see any issue on it on search results page as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Very odd - two minutes ago it wasn’t this way! Thank you.

@lucydm You are always welcome here :slight_smile: