Remove sidebar on default category page

Hello community,

maybe my request is very simple, but I don’t get it.

I have a couple of menu items that refers not to pages but to categories. So when I click on such a menu item, I’ll be forwarded to the default category page an all posts with corresponding category is display. That’s works great so far. But I don’t like the sidebar. In this sidebar you see the Archive and Category section. So I would like to remove it. How can I archive this?

Thanks in advance and all best,
Christian

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You would go to Appearance > Widgets and remove the widget from the sidebar there.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi Support,

thanks for your reply. For some reasons, it does not work for me.
On the default post page, the sidebar is removed already. However for the Category Page, the sidebar still appears.
I don’t have any widget active. Kindly refer to attached screenshots.

Thanks one more time.
All best,
Christian

Hi Support,

thanks for your reply. For some reasons, it does not work for me.
On the default post page, the sidebar is removed already. However for the Category Page, the sidebar still appears.
I don’t have any widget active. Kindly refer to attached screenshots.

Thanks one more time.
All best,
Christian

(Sorry for double-post) Couldn’t find a way to delete second instance.

Hello there,

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect it?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi.

Yes, sure.

http://mehrkroeten.de Click on ETF (top-right)

Result should look like: http://mehrkroeten.de/beitraege/

Thanks and BR,
Christian

Hello there,

That is a sidebar widget.

Please check the widgets once more then use this plugin to clear your cache:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

it doesn’t work for me :-(. I have delete the cache as well. However, I figured out: When I add a widget via Customizer, the “Categories” and “Archive” in the sidebar is replaced by the new widget. It’s like a default instead of being blank.

BR, Christian

Hey there

@eckchri if you leave blank sidebar then default widgets will be displayed on the corresponding page, you have to place widgets on the sidebar, this is how it works, its necessary to utilize sidebar by content

Hi Noda,
thanks. I understand. Originally - sorry that I repeat - I want to hide the complete sidebar. However hiding the sidebar works only for the Post page. BUT: If I add a widget, it will be displayed on the post page as well as on the category page. That is confusing me.
Please look at my attachment.

Thanks and all best,
Christian

Hello there,

I am a bit confused here, do you want to remove the sidebar and have widgets available even though it is removed?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi Support,
I want to hide the sidebar - but this only works partially.

This can be (partially) archived by deleting all widgets for the POST page. But if I use the Link “ETF” (Action: Show me all posts in category “ETF”), than I still get the sidebar displayed with the mentioned “dummy” widgets. This is my issue!! Here I would like NOT to see the sidebar Conclusion: The pages have a unequal look

When I add (only for testing the behavior of the sidebar) a widget (e.g. calendar) to the POST sidebar, than this widget is displayed on the POST page and if I use the ETF link the Calendar widget appears as well. Conclusion: The pages have a equal look.

So why behaves the pages equal in case there are active widgets and why do they have an unequal look if no widget is active?

For me it looks a little bit like a bug at this point.

Thanks and all best,
Christian

Hello there,

Please try this CSS to completely remove the sidebar:

.col-sm-4 {
    display: none;
}

.col-sm-7 {
    width: 100%;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Hey,

that’s it almost. Only the header navigation seems not to be at the right place now. But the sidebar is gone now - great :slight_smile:

Best regards, Christian

Hello there,

I was looking at the site to see the header but you already changed the theme.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

sorry, it’s available again now.

Best regards,
Christian

Christian Hello

Sorry for asking but a ticket is long and im a little bit confused on what was final question, so please post url of the page and tell me what exactly you want to do on that page

for some reasons my last post was not shown here. next try

Hi Noda,
I want to remove (or hide) the sidebar, when I click on the navigation link “ETF” (top-right). This link is a Category link, meaning that all posts of category “etf” will be display. The design of this category page should look same as the post page (pager where all blog posts over all categories are display → if you click on the [All Beiträge] button on the startpage you will come to this page.

Here is the page:
http://mehrkroeten.de

What is confusing me a little bit, is the behavior described in the attachment:

• If I add a calendar widget to the sidebar of the post page, than this widget is also be displayed on the category page. (see attached img: two pictures in the first row)
  • When I remove the calendar widget from the sidebar of the post page, than the sidebar in the post page will be removed BUT on the category page, I will see this default widget (“Categories”, “Archive”). So we have now a different behavior (see attached img: two pictures in the second row).
    My target is, that the category page looks like the post page (without a sidebar)

I tried already the css, that was provided me in this support request. That removes the sidebar but now my logo is gone and my menu is no longer in the top right corner.

Thanks to you all for your support.

Best regards,
Christian

Hello,

I am still looking into this but now the ETF page is not displaying any content.

I checked the P2P Kredite category and the sidebar did not appear.

Please remove the following CSS that was provided before:

.col-sm-4 {
}

And replace it with this:

#sidebar {
}

The last code was also related to the logo image so it removed that too but this will only affect the sidebar.

Best Regards,
Support