Remove the site identity bar entirely

Hello,
Love the theme but was wondering if it was possible to remove the site identity bar entirely from the front page. I’m attaching a screen shot of what it is I’m talking about.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey there,

I hope you’re doing well today

You may use the following Custom CSS Code to accomplish this request.

/*removes space from above the header section*/
.parallax-mirror{
  top: 0 !important;
}

Kindly add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you so much for responding so quickly but that didn’t seem to work. Please see uploaded screen shot.

Hello there,

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect it?

Best Regards,
Support

Hello Support,

I am also having this issue. I wish to remove the site identity from my page. The code you have provided in this thread doesn’t work. Please advise.

My web address: www.garethlang.co.uk

Hi,
http://jamchannel.com/
Thanks!

You’re gonna have to edit your theme files to do that.
Go to your theme folder and find header.php

You need to delete the entire masthead section between the <header> and </header> tags. I’m adding an image for reference. Everything that’s highlighted has to be deleted. Then save your header.php file and upload it to replace the old one. This should entirely remove the masthead from every page. If you want the masthead on other pages but not on the homepage, then you need to make separate header files and templates, I think.

BOOM! Perfect! Thank you! Thank you! If I need it back I saved the original file.

Glad it helped!
Yeah, always backup your files and keep copies of the original theme files if you’re not sure what you’re doing when you go to edit them.

Hello there,

Thanks for providing the solution @shinri.
Please feel free to post of any issues in the future.

Best Regards,
Support