remove widget entirely from About sidebar

Hi, is it possible to entirely remove the widget (showing percentages) from the About sidebar so that it is just a block of text? I have tried removing it, but then it just displays the default widget settings (Typography, Design, Development). It seems I only have an option to change the way the widget looks, but not to delete it entirely.

Any workaround that gets me a chunk of text titled “About” is fine!

I’ve tried to watch the tutorials, but can’t get it to play sound on my Mac, even directly through YouTube, not sure why.

Thanks for your help.

Becky

FYI this is for: http://s513515046.websitehome.co.uk

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

I have checked the link and you appear to have removed the widget however here is a bit of CSS code that would remove the skill bars:

/*Widget skill  bar removal*/
#about .widget_illdy_skill:nth-child(1), #about .widget_illdy_skill:nth-child(2), #about .widget_illdy_skill:nth-child(3) {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you, that worked. FYI, I thought I had removed it too, but the generic images still appeared for me on my browser, though interestingly not for other people.

Is there any way to close the large gap that appears between the About section and the one below it, or is that unavoidable?

Thanks
Becky
(sorry for the delay in replying, I didn’t get an email notification so didn’t know you had responded until I logged in to check!)

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Kindly add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

#about {
    padding-bottom: 0px!Important;
}

#services {
    padding-top: 0px!Important;
}

This should close the gap.
If you’re still not seeing the changes, then it means you need to clear your browser cache.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

That worked perfectly - thank you :slight_smile:

Hello there,

I am glad the solution worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,

Had the same issue but I would also like to remove the huge gap between the title in the about section and the actual entry text, any good code for that??

Thanks!
Sam

Hey @Sampa,

You can use this

/*reduce margin under about text*/
#about .section-header h3 {
    margin-bottom: 5px;
}

Best regards,
Support