Removing image from posts, but not from slider.

Greetings fellow human beings,

I’m looking for someone who can point out which line from which file I need to alter or remove so I no longer see images on idividual posts on the Homepage, but still appear in the slider. My gratitude will be eternal.

That would be all,

Thom

Hi Thom,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To achieve this you have to remove the code from the Sparkling theme file content.php on line number 10

Please note you are making changes in the theme files therefore you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation therefore i recommend you to make the changes using child theme.

Alternatively you can just use the attached child theme of Sparkling theme that contains custom changes as described above.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin,

Thank you, I hope you are as well.

I made a child theme, which shows up in the WP Admin Panel. I copied the child-theme map in the FTP client, only thing being different is I replaced the content of the child style-css with the content in the theme style.css. That’s because I made the style changes in the theme file itself.

When I activate it the screen stays blanks though, and I can’t access the WP Admin Panel any longer. There must be something I’m doing wrong here, I’m sorry. Any idea why this is?

Thanks in advance,

Thom

Hi Thom,

What you have done wrong is that you have copied the code of Sparkling theme style.css file in to the style.css file of your child theme which you don’t need to do.

Please see the format of my shared child theme and you can also find more information about development of child theme on the following page.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

To get rid of the issue that you are facing, just delete the child theme that you have created from the path /wp-content/themes/ using FTP or File manager.

Regards,
Movin