Removing text from Slider

I saw an old post on this but the child theme didn’t work because the parent theme had a different name.

I have two issues about the slider:

1. How can I remove all the texts and leave just the image?

2. How can I make the image clickable? I mean, I’d want that people could click the image and go in the post page.

Thank you!

Hi @tarawhitetalks,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

You can try achieving this by using the attached custom child theme of Activello theme that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you so much! This is perfect and exactly what I needed. You have been most helpful!!

Warm regards,
Tara

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi @tarawhitetalks,

Could you help me understand this - how do we use child theme? I mean, I already use activello child theme, so if i use a a custom child theme (like the one attached here) for every issue that I want to solve, the new child theme overrides all previous theme styles.

I am a bit confused. But i want this solution working.

Please suggest.

@bishgop You have posted private reply to @tarawhitetalks which only forum moderator can see so please post it as non private reply so that @tarawhitetalks can see it.

Hi @tarawhitetalks,

Could you help me understand this – how do we use child theme? I mean, I already use activello child theme, so if i use a a custom child theme (like the one attached here) for every issue that I want to solve, the new child theme overrides all previous theme styles.

I am a bit confused. But i want this solution working.

Please suggest.

Hello @bishgop,

Your guess is as good as mine. I don’t even know what a child theme is. I don’t know if new child themes override each other, but if you find out I would be interested to know. I assumed they would that is why I haven’t made any more changes.

Good luck!

If you make changes in the theme file then you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation therefore we recommend you to use child theme to make changes in the theme.

You can’t use more than one child theme on your site and you have to merger multiple child themes in a single child theme to use it.

You will find information about WordPress child theme on the following page.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Thanks Movin! Very helpful!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: