Resetting theme and menu colour

Hi,

Please bare with me as it has been some time since doing websites.

I want to reset the whole theme to default and start over. I deleted the theme and reinstalled it but the changes are made are still to be seen! What can I do to restore it to default please? What I mean is, I can see the custom logo, custom bg I uploaded. I would rather start again.

Secondly, what got me into messing too much. The default is that the menu at the top is red and red when you hover. I want to change this to a pink but it wasn’t happening. What do I edit to change that?

Thirdly, I know you have a sister theme called Dazzling but it seems a little different to Sparkling. I like that there isn’t grey but white. How can I change Sparkling’s grey header and footer please?

Thank you for reading.

Hi @sundayc,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I want to reset the whole theme to default and start over. I deleted the theme and reinstalled it but the changes are made are still to be seen! What can I do to restore it to default please? What I mean is, I can see the custom logo, custom bg I uploaded. I would rather start again.

In the latest version of Sparkling theme, the whole theme settings are handled through theme customizer which can be reset using the following plugin.

Secondly, what got me into messing too much. The default is that the menu at the top is red and red when you hover. I want to change this to a pink but it wasn’t happening. What do I edit to change that?

You can change these colors from the theme cusromizer settings on the following path as shown in the attached screenshot.

Admin Area -> Apperance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Header

Thirdly, I know you have a sister theme called Dazzling but it seems a little different to Sparkling. I like that there isn’t grey but white. How can I change Sparkling’s grey header and footer please?
You can change it from grey to white by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Apperance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#footer-area #colophon a,
nav.navbar.navbar-default a {
  color: #000;
}
#footer-area #colophon,
nav.navbar.navbar-default {
  background: #fff;
  color: #000;
}

Best Regards,
Movin