RSS Feed Image Issues

Hi -
Under the Theme Options, Social Links section, I input my Feedburner RSS URL. It works fine expect that the feature image for each blog post is not being carried over to Feedburner. I did set a feature image for each blog post. Instead the Facebook icon is showing up as the image next to each blog post in the RSS feed.

The only thing I can think of is that it’s picking up the social share icon, as Facebook is the first icon displayed. I’m using the Share Buttons by AddToAny plugin.

Thanks for any help!

This has nothing to do with theme but WordPress and RSS feed in general. It is how it works by default.

You can either solve this by adding this to functions.php (For advanced users and if you are certain what this code does)

function featuredtoRSS($content) {
global $post;
if ( has_post_thumbnail( $post->ID ) ){
$content = '<div>' . get_the_post_thumbnail( $post->ID, 'thumbnail', array( 'style' => 'margin-bottom: 15px;' ) ) . '</div>' .
$content;
}
return $content;
}

add_filter('the_excerpt_rss', 'featuredtoRSS');
add_filter('the_content_feed', 'featuredtoRSS');

Or you can use plugin such as this one to make it work: http://wordpress.org/plugins/featured-images-for-rss-feeds/

Hi Aigars -

Thank you for the information! I had no idea the primary image wouldn’t transfer over to the feed! I installed a plug-in & cleared my cache. And it seems to be working now, expect possibly for Yahoo…

Thanks again!