Search box not working and contact form not working

Hi,

For some reason my search box in our blog isn’t working. We have the search box but I can’t type anything in there.

The other problem is when we click the send button on the contact form it doesn’t send anything. Also when we type in the boxes for the contact form, the letters are in white so we can’t see them until we highlight them.

One last question. I’d like to change the color font for the links on our pages. Right now they are yellow, like the dividers for the blog topics. Is there a way to change them to a different color or will a different color also change the divider colors?

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi @lisa1,

Regarding the search and the contact form that doesn’t work please provide us in a private message an wp admin wp user and url to check.

For the others we also want the url. I think you gave us in a previous post but I could not find it.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for your reply. The website is shindospirit.com
and please login through wordpress.com when you get to the wp-admin

UN: shindoworld
PW: MonkeyBiz.com

The contact form is on the home page at the bottom. And actually it does now work in sending the email but the text is white so we still can’t see it. Also on the home page is one yellow link “read more” under the blog. Can we change that to blue?

I didn’t know if you wanted me to give you all the pages that had yellow links that we wanted to change to blue. But here they are just in case:

For the search box and yellow links :http://www.shindospirit.com/blog/

One yellow link at the bottom: http://www.shindospirit.com/about-us/
More yellow links: http://www.shindospirit.com/resources/
http://www.shindospirit.com/contact-us/

Lastly, if I add more links in the future, how do I go about changing them to blue so I don’t have to bother you about it?

Thanks so much for your help!
Lisa

Hi @lisa1,

As the contact form is working I don’t need to login.

I will give you here the css code. For contact input use this css code:

#contact-us .section-content .wpcf7-form p .wpcf7-text {
    background-color: #fff;
       color: black;
}

Yellow link read more use this css code:

#latest-news .section-content .post .post-button {
    color: #2a5fae;
}

For links, use this css code:

.widget .widget-title:before {
background-color: #0437f1;
}
.widget ul li:before {
       color: #f1d204;
    }

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for your help. The contact us code helped but it didn’t work for the last box “your message”. Could you fix that too? Also could you help with fixing the search box on the blog page? I still can’t type anything there.

For the links - CSS codes you gave me, do I need to insert the section with a hashtag infront? They didn’t see to make any changes and I noticed other CSS codes have them, except for the last ones you gave me.

Also, a question on the dividers. Is it possible to remove them on the About Us section of the home page or are they permanent? Also for the rest of the dividers on the other pages, how do I change them all to black?

One more question off topic- does Illdy play flash?

Thanks again!
Lisa

Hi @lisa1,

Your message, use this css code:

#contact-us .section-content .wpcf7-form p .wpcf7-textarea {
color:#201f1e;
}

For search is a bug, I will post to the developer team.You could search, but just if you put the words where search words are, not in the bar:)

For links, use this if it didn’t worked:

body, .front-page-section .section-header p, #latest-news .section-content .post .post-entry, #blog .blog-post .blog-post-entry p, .widget ul li a, #blog .blog-post .blog-post-tags li a, #blog span {
    color: #0437f1 !important;
  }

Regarding the dividers you cannot remove them or change the color just for one of them, they are ll connected.
I don’t recommend using flash, because SEO issues(google does not like flash). You could try insert, I don’t think it should be a problem.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for answering my questions and reporting the bug.

The Contact us css worked.

The links CSS turned the font on all the pages blue. lol Do you have any others?

Regarding flash… when you said “you could try insert”, what did you mean?

Thanks!
Lisa

hi lisa1,

The links,

See if this css makes some changes:

a {
    color: #fff;
 }

a:focus, a:hover {
    color: #fff;
    text-decoration: underline;
}

Regarding flash, you could use it, but we don’t recommand it. And by insert, I mean that you could try use it.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,
It didn’t seem to do anything, but thanks for trying…

Regarding the flash, what are good alternatives I could use on Ildy for running a module?

Back to the search box button bug, will I be notified when the bug is fixed or will it automatically be fixed?

Thanks for your work!
Lisa

hi @lisa1,

What kind of module do you want to use ? a video slideshow? a gallery?

Regarding the bug, I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

The module was for the phases of the moon. I decided against it but I’m wondering if I were to use other plugins that were similar, or perhaps a video slideshow, are there any alternatives to flash?

Thanks for keeping me in the loop in regards to the bug…

Best,
Lisa