Search Feature

Hi all,

Im just starting out on my blog and want to do it right … while researching it occurred to me its a good idea to have a search feature on the blog. I see activello has this … :slight_smile: but wondering what is the criteria it searchs with? I.e. How deep and robust is the search … is it through text in blog post or headers only?

Also … any advice on permalink structure? … set to post name or category +postname?

Thanks as always…
RO

Hi RO,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Im just starting out on my blog and want to do it right … while researching it occurred to me its a good idea to have a search feature on the blog. I see activello has this … ? but wondering what is the criteria it searchs with? I.e. How deep and robust is the search .. is it through text in blog post or headers only?

The theme just uses default WordPress search functionality.

If you want to perform advanced search then you can use any of the following plugins to achieve it.

Also .. any advice on permalink structure? … set to post name or category +postname?

We recommend post name.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you for the response Movin :slight_smile:

Can i ask why you recommend post name over category + post name?

Thanks oh wise one
RO

The category + post name makes post URL lengthy and there isn’t any clear advantage of it.